Me within Me

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

G S 2 - 4 7

I wanted to post this long back but I was unable to do so coz of lack of the t-factor. Just thought that if am gonna post it, then it is either now or never.

Warning : If Mathematics makes you puke the this post is NOT for you!


What is GS2-47?

Well, it is a special number, mathematically and otherwise.

2 4 7

2 + 4 + 7 = 13.
13 is a very special number as it is sum of squares of two consecutive numbers, 2 and 3.
13 = 22 + 32

And I have derived tens of other mathematical combinations for 2,4,7 and G,S,2,4,7. But I think I will spare the readers and list only a few here in me blog.


247 stands for hard work and dedication. Why?
247 => 24 x 7 => Twenty-four hours a day and seven days a week. It is a representation of work that is not time-bound, work that is dedicated and free of distractions.


In the list of alphabets in English, A...Z, the middle alphabet is 'M', in the 13th place.

The alphabets 'G' and 'S' are equi-distant from the central alphabet 'M'.
13 - 6 = 7. The alphabet at 7th position is 'G'
13 + 6 = 19. The alphabet at 19th position is 'S'


22 + 42 + 72 = 69 ;-)
Yes folks, it is 69 the symbol of Khader, the "69er". It is there in my blog (khader69.blogspot.com), my email (khader69@...) and a whole array of stuffs. It is after all the gift of my birth, it is my Zodiac symbol. Confused?

This 69er is a Cancerian, born under the moon sign, which has a symbol that resembles a tilted "69".


Now for the best one...

The number 247 (Two hundred and forty seven) is the product of sum of its individual digits and the sum of the mirror reflection on the last digit of its individual digits.

Wanna break your head? Jus hold on a second. This is what it means,

247 = (2 + 4 + 7) * (2 + 4 + 7 + 4 + 2)

VoilĂ ... Damn I love maths!

Now you may ask, "why 247 or GS247 or whatever crap?".

Well, when I first joined my office at Hyderabad, I was allocated a cubicle but was told that it wud take a few days for me to get a comp. In the mean time I thought I wud sharpen my skills and started reading some books on Linux and stuff. But it wasn't intellectually challenging especially since I did not have a Linux box to try the stuffs I kept learning. So I started doing some excercise to keep both sides of my brain active. This was one.

My cubicle number was GS2-47. Ground floor, South petal, 2nd block, cubicle 47.

I always had this tendency to play around with numbers, trying to compute, in split second, the recursive sum of the numbers in number plates of different vehicles while travelling. My inspiration was the great Ramanujam himself. I once read in a book that Ramanujam disputed with some one who said that 13 was not a ``good'' number. He argued that 13 was a rather a peculiar number which was the sum of two consecutive numbers 2 and 3!

As my tribute the this great man my number-play with 2,4,7 begins with what inspired me when I was just a school-goer. 13 = 22 + 32

Life is full of changes. A few weeks back I lost GS2-47. Not the number and its special nature but just the cubicle. I got a new cubicle, a new number GS2-44.

Hmm... 2-4-4 recursively add to numnero uno! wow!!! (here I go again!)

3 Comments:

  • hahhahah! this is the best post ever. (wipes tear) . this deviration is nothing related to u r job. can i see u r worksheets? (exatcly what i am being asked these days)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:06 am  

  • hehe.. You should see A L L the derivations I made with GS247...

    By Blogger Khader Abbeb, at 9:05 pm  

  • man do i have to tell u everytime to update?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home