Me within Me

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

A year that was

This day, last year was my first day at office.

It was a wonderful experience to know and feel that a part of you has grown up, that you are no more a ``KiD'', that you carry responsibilities now and that you have entered the next stage of life.

The journey till date has been amazing! The two-month training at Trivandrum is definitely a highlight. Had loads of fun there... every body did. Nicknamed "paid-vacation", some called it a "paid-honeymoon", the training was more like college than corporate. If songs, dances, mid-night birthday bashes dominated the weekday programme, it was vacation time every weekend. Munnar, kovalam, Kanya Kumari (Cape Comarin) are some of the places we have been to. Classes and tutorials were more often "who is gonna sing next" sessions. The excitement of a first job was written in every face I saw and in every mirror I saw.

It was followed by a dream project with an amazing scope to learn and grow. What more can a fresher ask for? Office was not as fun-filled as during the training but I still enjoyed it. With many hurdles in the path and equal number of people to lend me a helping hand I knew I can only move up! My biggest achievement was when I gave a presentation to the CEO of my organization.

With one year passing by, I stand reflecting the many memories I have had. Some unforgettable, some otherwise but all equally enlighting.

Thank you God for everything you have given. Thank you for everything.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home